Old versionsSee all
DellConnect is an online tool used by Dell Hardware Warranty Support Technicians and hosted by a company called Gteko™, it allows techs to take control of customer computer through a broadband internet connection.
Using this tool, you can let a Dell technician take control of your computer to troubleshoot issues or show him your screen and let him highlight parts of the screen to follow instructions.
It also provides basic system information (Processor, Disk Space, Ram, Startup Programs, etc) to the Dell technician without opening or doing anything on your computer.
Customers can stop sharing the screen or recover control at any time they wish, also a limit tree option is available for customers who doesn't want to show all their folders, partitions or removable media. The application works fine through firewalls in most cases.
Though the filesize is really small (600kb to 3mb), some customers might have issues if they don't use Internet Explorer as a web browser.
The most significant feature in version 1.1 is the reconnect after reboot functionality, which allows the session to resume without requiring a new session to be started.
- Simplify tech support requests
- Small file for quick download
- Good Performance
- Customers can limit resource access
- This version only supports Broadband
- Cant sent files or copy clipboard through the application
- Too many steps required to open the application before tech could take control or view our screen
- Compatibility issues with other browser than IE